People Skills for Analytical Thinkers (2022)
- Auteur: Gilbert Eijkelenboom
- Editeur: MindSpeaking; 1er édition (29 septembre 2020)
- Pages: 157 pages
- Langue: Français
Description du livre People Skills for Analytical Thinkers (2022):
Your analytical skills are incredibly valuable.
However, rational thinking alone isn't enough.
Have you ever:
- Presented an idea, but then no one seemed to care?
- Explained your analysis, only to leave your colleague confused?
- Struggled to work with people who are less analytical and more emotional?
In such situations, people skills make the difference. And that's what this book focuses on: boosting your communication skills as an analytical thinker.
Research shows people skills are becoming increasingly important in the workplace, so start learning today.
Filled with academic insights, exercises, and stories, this book will change your career.
What you will learn
- Having fun and productive interactions, even with people who don't have an analytical personality
- Boost your confidence and increase your empathy
- Learn how to deal with small-talk you don't enjoy
- Advance your communication skills and build relationships (th)at work
- Become incredibly persuasive by avoiding the single mistake that almost everyone makes
I’m officially a MindSpeaker! 🤗
I have had the most pleasant realisation today after reading Gilbert Eijkelenboom book called People Skills for Analytical Thinkers.
It was such a easy book to read and took me only a couple of days to finish, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!
I also loved the feel of it, the way the cover feels and how hard it was to put it down. Probably, it was something intentional, but I loved the flow of it too. From the practical examples, with which you can easily relate, all the way the book ends and highlights the key points the author himself found most useful.
So, like I was saying, I have found that I was already following all 3 steps, emphasised in the book. The absolute CRITICAL part, that we all should take away from reading this book, is the need to prioritise all three steps, without skipping step 2 which is to INTERACT.
Watch out for a little bonus at the end, as Gilbert was such a sweetheart to follow through with his teaching and created The Art of Conversation.
This course consists of 16 practical emails, full of tips to transform your conversations.
I’m excited and at the same time emotional, as I have had the most amazing time reading this book.